Friday, November 2, 2012

Singapore Food!

Food: one of the most important things in life.
Who doesn’t enjoy food?
Singapore is filled with all sorts of food, mainly Asian cuisine. They have Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Singaporean, Thai, Indian and Western food. I got a little taste of each while I was there. Many restaurants have outdoor seating as well as indoor seating, while some only have outdoor seating. It's really typical to have outdoor seating because the restaurant will be able accommodate for more customers and because it's hot and humid all year round.

Curry Times
My mom and I were feeling in the curry mood when we passed by this place. There are so many malls in Singapore. I can't remember which mall this was in. Ha-ha-ha.

Curry and free cookies when leaving

We also had a plain naan with our meal! Everything was curry-licious!


This place has tasty curry. I just wished the chicken didn't have bones, since the chicken was cut up weird.

Chicken Curry


Bali Thai
My parents and I got some tasty Thai food here. I loved the chili sauce! It wasn't too spicy at all. The mango sauce was okay.

Chicken wings and squid in chili sauce

Hallow vegetables in chili sauce and fish in mango sauce

Grandma's Restaurant
I won't say too much about this place. The food was good, but the service ruined our moods. This restaurant serves local food.



I love this place! I was in the soup mood. You can have a pot pie top with your soup too!

Tokyo Chicken Stew and Thai salad

Chinatown Seafood Restaurant
I finally got to try black pepper crab! You have to try the black pepper crab or chili crab. I love me some Chinese food! Delicious!

Black pepper crab and sesame chicken

Fish and mushroom veggies

Nom nom nom!

Korean food! Yummy! Although I don't think we ordered the right things. We ordered too much fried food, so we didn't have much variety.

Sweet and Spice Rice Cake and Fried Mondoo

Hot Stone Chicken

Tonkichi
Can't get enough Katsu! We grind our own sesames for the Katsu sauce. Yummy!

Sushi for appetizers and grinding sesames

Oyster and Hire Katsu


Saboten
Another Katsu place we tried out. I like this place better. I feel I can get more variety in my meal and the salad is more chilled. 


I love French food. (I'm thinking I say "I love...food" so many times! Ha-ha-ha.) This is a great little place.

Cohana poëlé

Fondant au chocolat

Menya Musashi
I can't get enough Ramen! Singaporean Ramen is interesting. The broth is very rich, but it's good. It's just more filling than most Ramen I eat.
I went here a couple of times.

Gyoza

Red Ramen and White Ramen
Spicy                       Miso

This is fast-ish food restaurant. I say it's "fast-ish" because the food comes out pretty quick for a sit down restaurant. The food is fast and decent. 

Minced beef in bean sauce over noodles

Carrot cake and red bean soup for dessert

This is a chain joint because I see it in many different places beside Singapore. The Ramen was okay. It tasted more like really thin spaghetti than ramen.


Food Court Madness!
The food court has some really good food. If you just want a quick bite and/or don't want to pay a 10% service charge, the food court is for you. Yummy!

Saba Set (Korean vender)

Beef Set (Korean Vender)

Yam Rice and Lotus Pork Soup (Soup vender)

Yaki Udon with Chicken Karaage (Japanese vender)

Drinks, Snacks and Desserts

Bo lo Cha Siew Bow

       
Taiyaki and Yaki Tori 

Butterfly Donut

Toast topped with honey from Toast Box

 Milo and milk tea with tapioca (pearls)

Hojicha Earl Grey Jelly Frappuccino

Milo Delight from Swensen's

Cold red bean soup with rice balls from Honeymoon Desserts

Honeydew with sago and mango ice cream & Hong Kong red bean ice with mango ice cream
Ah Chew Desserts



No comments:

Post a Comment