Friday, October 12, 2012

Singapore Zoo


Bus and tickets to the zoo

Lets Go!

Note: My mom and I were a bit disappoint that we couldn’t see the pandas at the zoo. Kai Kai and Tai Tai (the pandas’ names) are getting used to the habitat. I think they are also building a huge section for them too. It took us a long way to get to the zoo, so we went in anyway.

As close to the pandas as I could get

I feel like I have visited the San Francisco Zoo many times, but I had never felt so immersed into the habitats of the animals there. Usually zoo animals are behind glass or in their own habitat that seems far away (for safety). There were a ton of different trails, so I got confused at times. Most trails were to different animal exhibits, but some felt like nature walks. Singapore zoo has a variety of different animals: otter, flamingos, white tiger, orangutan, sun bear, giraffe, lions, kangaroos, wallabies, chimpanzees, hippos, tortoises, and many more.

An Orangutan inspecting a flower. So cute!

A view


The elephant show was really adorable. It was entertaining. It wasn’t as extravagant as the elephant show I saw in Thailand, but it was still good. It was definitely a kid friendly show. You can pay 5 sing dollars to feed the elephants after the show.


Although my mom and I didn’t feed any of the animals, there are designated times where you can pay to feed certain animals.

The giant tortoise was so cute! It looks so huggable!

Giant Tortoise! <3



There were a couple of tree branches at the Orangutan habitat that stretched over the trail below. It was pretty cool because the orangutans could run along those branches above you and cross the trail.


I never seen flamingos act the way they did. I have a feeling the construction noise nearby them was making them panic a little. They had their necks extended and heads up moving left and right. They were making a flamingo noise (I will not attempt to even spell their noise out ha-ha-ha), and pacing in every direction.



When we exited the zoo, there were some peacocks walking around. Some were running away from a couple of children, but I found it interesting that the zoo let them out. I’m sure they wouldn’t have let them out if they would harm us. It was neat to see them up close!



It was an overall great time at the zoo!

White Tiger and Wallabies






 
Hippo and Otters!

This is their stop!



No comments:

Post a Comment