Friday, October 12, 2012

Chinatown!



Rainbow flag in Chinatown! They represent! It might be a gay/lesbian bar. I am not sure.

I really enjoyed Singapore’s Chinatown! Walking around on a humid, hot Singapore day was quite nice. There is the typical Chinatown area where there are tons of crowds, tourist, and souvenir shops. Then there are the more secluded parts where it can be very peaceful. I’m not sure if it was really quiet in some areas because it was a Sunday, but it was quite nice. Many of the stores and some restaurants were closed. It was only certain areas that were completely quiet and empty. We were lucky to come during Moon Cake Festival. Most of Chinatown was decorated beautifully with lanterns. It looked lovely during the day, and it looked even prettier at night.

Day

Night

I just had to do this. Now, where would you go to Yum Cha (drink tea aka Dim Sum) in Chinatown? You go to Yum Cha Restaurant. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.



Ann Siang Hill and Ann Siang Park was a nice walk. There is a little history about the road, and there used to be events on the hill as well. Now, it’s just a nice place to stroll in Chinatown.


Ann Siang Hill Park

Stray kitty doesn't want to get it's picture taken

There is a Swagger store in Chinatown. It was closed when I walked by, but I’m not sure what the clothes would have looked liked. Ha-ha-ha. If I venture back to Singapore, I will take a peek.

I bet whatever you buy here, you will be swag

Then there is a Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum. It looks beautiful outside. We walked through the temple park, but didn’t go through the museum part. I think I remember that I didn’t want to go to the museum part. I’m can’t remember why. Maybe it was an extremely hot day.

My dress goes wooooosh

I love incense! These incense are HUGE!

A little bit smokey but smells good!

Teylok Ayer Green park was a nice little place to sit and relax. It was great.


I saw some unique stuff at a couple shops. Plus there was a Tin Tin store! Truthfully, I fell asleep watching the Tin Tin movie, but the store was pretty neat.

Coconut shell bowls


No comments:

Post a Comment