Monday, November 26, 2012

Japan!!


So wonderful! Amazing! Fun! Exciting! Fulfilling! Delicious!
I started my trip in Japan by reconnected with my Canon camera my brother gave me. I’m so sorry camera that I left you on the plane. Japanese people are so nice! The United employees kept it for me in their office. Even though they had trouble understanding me, they found it for me! Thanks again!
We arrived around dinnertime and my aunt and uncle met us at my parents’ hotel. Then we went to a wonderful restaurant and ate like an eight course meal. I may not remember all the names of the dishes, but it was all absolutely scrumptious! I was so full, but it was so good!

WOW! I looked flushed. Can you tell I've been traveling?
This is in front of the restaurant.

I had to learn fast that Japanese people don’t believe in taking home unfinished food at restaurants. My uncle said, “Doggy bags are considered unclassy.” I guess I can understand that, but it makes me sad when I can’t finish all the food. Then the left overs go to waste.


I stayed with my uncle and aunt in Tsukuba. We rode the Tsukuba Express from Akihabara. It takes around 45 minutes. It wasn’t a bad ride. We had a little “entertainment” along the way. On the train, a guy sitting across from us drank a little too much. He was sleeping wobbly (that’s the best way I can describe it). If you could see this guy, you would laugh. He took out his phone and flipped it open. Wait for it. Wait for it. …Wait for it. After staring at it intently for a while, he answers it. The guy sitting next to him was trying to read. Poor guy. He didn’t even move to the seat next to him when it was available. I guess he didn’t want anyone else to have to suffer.
It was a great start on my journey around Japan!

Frog oil!

The next day my parents met us in Tsukuba. Yay they didn’t get lost! We strolled around the area by a mall. Sports Day, a national holiday in Japan, was coming up in a couple days. In honor of this day, there were a lot of venders by the mall we were walking around in. We stopped to watch this older gentleman demonstrating the power of frog oil. I didn’t understand a word he was saying; however, I didn’t need to. The samurai sword cutting paper demonstrated the sharpness of the sword. Then he took the sword and cut a volunteer’s arm and his own arm. It definitively demonstrated the power of frog oil pretty well! Oh my. I was cringing when he was cutting his arm. I was scared and he obviously wasn’t. Of course we stopped by Right On. My uncle and I both got something there. Right on! We also stopped by a glasses place. The glasses were very reasonably priced. Why are glasses so expensive in the U.S.?! We got Taiyaki for a snack! Yummy! They put a Mochi in the middle. It's so delicious!

Nice? Hahaha I wish I got it.

I got my Taiyaki!

BEAR!

 Next stop Nikko to visit the Toshogu Shrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment